This statistic lists the food products with the highest import value in Spain in 2018, in million euros. Mollusks ranked first on the list, with a total of 1.9 billion euros of value, followed by corn with 1.6 billion and shellfish with 1.2 billion.
What are the major imports of Spain?
Spain main imports were: capital goods (22 percent of total imports); chemicals (15 percent); energy products (13 percent); automotive sector (13 percent); consumer goods (12 percent); food, beverages and tobacco (12 percent); and non-chemical semi-manufactured products (7 percent).
What does the UK import from Spain?
In terms of services, the top services imported by Spain from the UK were financial services, transportation, travel, business services and telecommunications, computer and information services (ONS, 2019).
What food does Spain export to the UK?
The most important species are hake, megrim and anglerfish, as well as frozen lobster, for a value of 228 million euros. In terms of products exported to the UK, prepared and canned tuna and fish meal are particularly noteworthy, with a value of 103 million euros.
What are Spain’s top 3 imports?
Spain’s Top Imports
- Crude petroleum – $28.2 billion.
- Petroleum gas – $9.17 billion.
- Refined petroleum – $8.56 billion.
- Copper ore – $2.48 billion.
- Corn – $1.74 billion.
What is the biggest export from Spain?
List of exports of Spain
What can you not eat in Spain?
But with these tips in mind when ordering, you should be able to avoid dissatisfaction and have much more enjoyable meals.
- Paella. Unless you are in Valencia or at a Valencian restaurant, don’t order the famous yellow paella valenciana. …
- Sangria. …
- Gazpacho. …
- Expensive tapas. …
- Hot breakfasts.
What products are made in Spain?
Spain Products: Handicrafts
- Leather. In Spain you can find great deals on top-notch leather products, such as jackets, bags, wallets, belts and shoes.
- Swords & Shields. …
- Wicker. …
- Silk Shawls. …
- Embroidery. …
- Guitars. …
- Wine. …
What is the UK’s biggest import?
- Gems, precious metals: US$108.4 billion (17.2% of total imports)
- Machinery including computers: $70.2 billion (11.1%)
- Vehicles: $58 billion (9.2%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $55.8 billion (8.8%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $34 billion (5.4%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $25.9 billion (4.1%)
Do I have to pay import tax from Spain to UK?
If you are sending a gift from Spain to the UK, import VAT typically only applies to goods whose value is over £39, or the equivalent in Euros. … Residents in Spain will need to pay customs or VAT charges and a handling fee before they can claim the parcel.
What are the main countries that import to the UK?
Leading import markets of the United Kingdom (UK) in 2019, by share of imports
|Characteristic||Share of total goods imported|