Whatever its flaws – and every city has them – Barcelona is honestly a great place to live. Aside from its many sights, attractions and events, it’s the lifestyle and quality of life that most people appreciate.
Is Barcelona a nice place to live?
Barcelona is an easy place to fall in love with. If you have visited you will have enjoyed the amazing weather, great food and a vibrant city just a two-hour flight from Ireland. … Living in a dense city means easy access to shops and restaurants, but it also means small apartments and a lack of green spaces.
Is Barcelona a safe place to live?
Overall, Barcelona is a very safe city. Like most large cities, Barcelona has pickpockets – lots of them. … While it’s still important to be vigilant, especially on public transit, chances are pickpockets won’t be a huge problem for you.
Is Barcelona a good place to live for expats?
However, for many—including myself— the best overall place to live in Barcelona is, without a doubt, Gràcia. It’s a bohemian neighborhood with many plazas for socializing and is great for expat family life.
What is a good salary in Barcelona?
While you will earn an average of € 3,130 in the metropolis Barcelona, you can expect an average salary of € 2,910 in Málaga.
The largest cities in Spain offer the highest average salaries.
What should I avoid in Barcelona?
13 Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Barcelona
- Call Catalan a Dialect.
- Expect Paella in Every Restaurant.
- Drink Beer out of Huge Glasses.
- Go to the Boqueria Market and Buy Nothing but a Fruit Salad.
- Speak Loudly in the Streets at Night.
- Not Leave La Rambla and the Gothic Quarter.
Where should I not live in Barcelona?
The most dangerous districts of Barcelona
- Raval. …
- Park Güell. …
- La Mina, Sant Adrià de Besòs. …
- Rambla de Raval Boulevard.
How expensive is Barcelona to live?
Summary about cost of living in Barcelona, Spain: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,952$ (2,484€) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 840$ (707€) without rent. Barcelona is 19.68% less expensive than Los Angeles (without rent).
What is the best area to live in Barcelona?
Barcelona’s neighborhoods: where to live in Barcelona
- Sarria and Sant Gervasi: for calm and quiet. …
- Poble Nou: a Barcelona neighborhood with a community atmosphere. …
- Sant Martí: for an active lifestyle. …
- Horta-Guinardó: for students and low budgets. …
- Sant Andreu: for peace and quiet. …
- Just outside Barcelona.
Is Barcelona cheaper than London?
Barcelona is 27.1% cheaper than London.
Where is the best place to live in Spain?
The Best Places to Live in Spain 2019
- Madrid. Naturally, where else would we begin but Spain’s capital, Madrid. …
- Alicante. One of the most popular areas for Brits to move to, is the city and surrounding area of Alicante in the south of Spain. …
- San Sebastian. …
- Malaga. …