Órale is a common interjection in Mexican Spanish slang. It is also commonly used in the United States as an exclamation expressing approval or encouragement. The term has varying connotations, including an affirmation that something is impressive, an agreement with a statement (akin to “okay”) or distress.
What does Orale Wey mean in Spanish?
0. votes. Buey is a bull. Guey means fool. Orale wey is slang in mexico for ok fool.
How do you translate Orale?
What does ‘Órale’ mean?
- Translation #1: In Spanish, this word is used to express either surprise or admiration, therefore, it would be translated as ‘wow’ or ‘oh my God’.
- Translation #2: If used to show agreement and approval, órale means ‘okay’.
What does odelay mean in Mexican?
This is a very common Mexican expression. It comes from the infinitive andar = to walk. It has many meanings ranging from “hurry”, “go ahead” , to “really?” or “you don’t say” used as expressions of interest or surprise when someone is telling you a story.
Is wey a bad word?
Over time, the initial /b/ underwent a consonant mutation to a /g/, often elided; resulting in the modern wey. … The word can be used as an insult, like “fool”, although, due to its extremely high frequency of use in a multitude of contexts, it has lost much of its offensive character, becoming a colloquialism.
What does Mayate mean in Spanish?
A denigrating noun that compared a race of people to a large, black beetle, considered a destructive pest in Mexico and South America. The word is mayate. In Spanish slang, it refers to African Americans, almost an equivalent of the N-word in English.
What does ODA lay mean in Spanish?
votes. Hi and welcome to the forum. “Órale” is a Mexican/Chicano word that not only means “Hell, yeah” or “Right on”, but has lots and lots of meanings. Also used to: indicate surprise.
What does Punta mean in Spanish slang?
It basically means the ‘tip’ or ‘point’ of something (tip of your tongue, tip of the iceburg, etc., but for more accurate and other meanings, click the dictionary tab and type in the word – you will get detailed information. posted by Lise-Laroche.
What are some Spanish slang words?
The 10 Best Slang Expressions In Spanish
- Mucha mierda. Meaning: break a leg. …
- Ponerse las pilas. Meaning: get cracking; put one’s skates on. …
- Hablar por los codos. Meaning: to be a chatterbox. …
- Estar piripi. Meaning: to be tipsy. …
- Echar una mano. …
- Dejar plantado / dar plantón. …
- En un abrir y cerrar de ojos. …
- Llueve sobre mojado.
What is Orale pues mean?
Órale pues may mean: OK, See you, Let’s start on it or, as you have correctly interpreted, “Alright then”. It depends on context. It is a very Mexican slang (street’s or informal language)
What does verdad mean in Spanish slang?
Wiktionary: verdad → right. … verdad → truth, isn’t it, right.